28.8.14

Friday, August 22, 2014
And suddenly,
my kids are going to school!

(Well, it seemed sudden . . . the road we journeyed to get into the public school down the street has had so many twists and turns, and it seemed to go on so endlessly, that I kind of settled into thinking we would just be in limbo - forever)

We dropped them off at school today - I almost cried when I saw each one of them greet their stern teachers, hold their heads high, and set themselves in the closest available seat. 
Ay. I was so proud of them; my kids are so courageous. 
 
And when we picked them up,
Selma told me "a little girl bought me a treat from the treat cart with her very own money!"
Josu told me "I didn't spend the ten pesos that papa gave me for snack time because I had to get away from the girls"
Malachai didn't say anything to me - he was too busy calling out goodbyes and giving fist bumps (like all Mexican boys do) to all his classmates

I think it's going to be a good year . . .






















2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this! New adventures are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. next time you visit, We'll pick up my kids from school in between our coffee and our lunch! :)

      Delete