25.1.13


We walk past this little stand almost every day; it sits on the sidewalk between our home and the fruit and vegetable store on the corner.  

In keeping with my new year's proposition (because I'm a stickler like that), when the kids and I were out buying our day's vegetables yesterday,  we decided to take a seat and make our order.  I was glad we did.  We found out that the stand owner - Aida - has been serving up tlacoyos and quesadillas at this location for four years, that she has a daughter who is an architect and another who is an engineer - both of whom are looking to learn english, and that there is a great tamale stand just down the street.
huh.
good to know. 






7 comments:

  1. It's great to see you out and about with the kids. Meeting new friends while being salt and light to your neighborhood.
    Makes me hungry, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I've got a pretty sweet deal, right?! : getting to know my neighborhood while eating amazing food . . .

      Delete
  2. What awesome opportunities! Are you up for teaching English classes?
    And as usual... love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. noooo . . . I think I would be the world's worst English teacher! :)
      (as usual - you are too kind)

      Delete
  3. Me alegro mucho por vosotros! Los chicos están guapísimos y Shelma también! La contiene una pinta buenísima!Besicos mil!

    ReplyDelete