2.4.12

Today marks the beginning of the kid's spring break.  They get two weeks - two weeks!  I am excited about having such a huge chunk of time with them, and I want to use that time to say yes to some of the things that their child-hearts may be hoping for. 

So Joshua and I asked them this weekend what they wanted to do during their time off (excluding movies, of course, because given the choice they always want to watch movies - I guess we're just raising our kids all classy like that).

We got a couple requests for the anthropology museum,  and one for a visit to Chapultepec - Mexico City's spectacular, gigantic forest settled smack dab in the middle of the city. Personally, I'm kind of hoping to find the perfect 1000 piece family puzzle, do lots of out loud reading, and maybe some family baking . . .

What does your family enjoy doing together on break?  (don't say movies . . . movies don't count)

7 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read about the 1000-piece family puzzle ... we completed one over spring break. ;)
    We had the blessing of visiting the beach (my husband and I grew up 1/4 mile from the Atlantic.) Now this beach is very "old Florida"...no high-rises, no restaurants, barely any cell-phone/internet coverage...a true escape.
    The night sky is like a diamond-studded tent over our heads and we marvel at how the Father know the exact number of grains of sand not only under our feet, but beneath the water in front of us. We enjoyed a bonfire one night under the stars, watched the sun paint the morning sky...beautiful beyond words.
    ...and no tv. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen pictures of that beach . . . and I think I could go for a full two weeks at your beach doing exactly that . . .

      Delete
  2. movies. just kidding. sort of. yay for letting Selma ride her tricycle! puzzles and books. also, pull out the paints and let them at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! we should totally do paints; maybe I could go to the paper shop and buy them each a gigantic sheet of cardstock . .

      Delete
  3. I like your puzzle idea! We have planned some social events - people events, and fresh air. Although interestingly, they requested they wanted to eat out this week... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course, I would expect nothing less from your girls - fancy food in their wishlist :)

      Delete
  4. isn't this the week when the D.F. is without smog? I would do something outside for sure. Build memories. . .
    blessings

    ReplyDelete